Thursday, January 27, 2011

This March we're Spring-ing forward and giving back.


When I first decided to start my own business, I had all kinds of plans. I was (and still am) dead set on making the world better one photograph at a time. Step one is making each of you smile when you see your images, which in turn makes me happier than you could ever imagine. Step two is taking that feeling of happiness and empowerment your smiles provide me and giving back to a bigger cause. This Spring I am putting that second step into action.

You may or may not know that March is National Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Awareness Month. MS is a neurological disease that affects over 400,000 people in this country. It causes pain, numbness, vision loss, speech and swallowing problems, and can even lead to temporary paralysis. I was barely a teenager when this disease, which I had never even heard of, hit close to home.

Several years ago, one of my best friends was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. At the time, I had no idea what that meant and was terrified. After thumbing through medical dictionaries and researching on the web, I learned that while there is no cure, there is hope.

For the months of March and April, Imagination Photography is donating 5% of all print and product sales to Clay Walker's "Band Against Multiple Sclerosis" foundation. BAMS is a non-profit organization founded by Clay Walker (who was diagnosed with MS in 1996) to help fund research and education for Multiple Sclerosis.

It may only be "a drop in the bucket" as they say, but to the thousands of brothers, sisters, parents, children, and best friends out there living with MS, it might make all the difference.





If you want to learn more about MS and the BAMS foundation, here are a few links you'll definitely want to check out:


No comments:

Post a Comment